TVTLQ - Chapter 60

TVTLQ - Chapter 60

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



"Prince! It's dangerous!"

The knights tried to stop him, but Arsan, full of confidence, did not stop.

The opponent's steps were slow. Arsan quickly caught up with his opponent and attacked him. There was a crunching sound and the two people rolled on the floor at the same time.

"Brother Victor!" 

Arsan cried out in a voice full of tears. The opponent on the floor exhaled loudly. Like a person who has encountered something shocking.

But soon, a weak voice came out.

“Arsan......”

"Brother!"

Tears welled up from the Prince's eyes. A large teardrop fell down his cheek. Arsan, who was holding Viktor by the collar, buried his head in his chest. Then he mumbled like someone going to confession. 

"Brother. Thank God, thank God."

"..."

"I'm sorry. Because of me... I'm really sorry."

The whole time the Prince cried, Viktor said nothing. However, he let go of the bow he was holding and roughly patted Arsan's back. As if to tell him that everything is not his fault. 

It seemed like the two needed more time to share their feelings.

***

The dangerous situation quickly evolved. There was no reason for Viktor to attack Arsan, so it was natural.

Arrows raining down from all directions were fired from a crossbow mounted on a tree. It is designed to fire automatically when you step on a trap hidden in the floor.

"That's amazing..."

I almost died, but regardless, I couldn't help but feel admiration. Wearing a prosthetic leg on his right leg, he could not move as freely as before.

However, he compensated for his weaknesses in this wise way. I think I understand why the people who supported the Prince were wary of him and tried to kill him. 

My mouth felt a little bitter. The two went into the cabin to talk about what they had not talked about before.

Victor's wife was there, and the knights decided to stand guard outside. Since I was also an outsider, I waited outside for now.

I was waiting for the Prince to finish his story. 

"Who is your sister?"

"Who is this?"

I don't know when Viktor's children came out and clung to me. They were fraternal twins who looked about four or five years old.

The children kept lingering around me as if they were just amazed by the sudden guest.

I think they're doing this because they're bored...

Oh right. That was it.

"Do you want to eat this?" 

I searched my pockets and took out two small lemon candies. Every time I fell asleep, I ate it to wake up.

The children just stared blankly, as if they were seeing candy for the first time.

"I'll give it to you. Now, get it."

“Ah.”

After rustling the candy shell, I popped the yellow candy into the boy's mouth.

The boy who was rolling the candy in his mouth opened his eyes and shouted. 

"Delicious!"

"Give me too, give me too!"

 "Yes, just a moment."

I put candy in the girl's mouth too. The children laughed as if the candy they tasted for the first time was delicious. It was while I was playing with the kids.

"Miss Pierre." 

The Prince came out of the hut as if he had finished talking. He had a touching family reunion, and his eyes were completely red. And it was the same for Victor who came out as well.

"Daddy!" 

When Victor came out, the children ran to him. He held the two children, one in each arm.

Even though they are kids, it must be quite heavy. A person who doesn't know anything would not be able to tell that he's a person with leg problems. 

"Dad! I ate candy!"

"Candy?"

"She gave me candy!"

"Okay? It must have been delicious. Did you say 'thank you"?"

"No!"

"If someone gives you something, you should say thank you." 

"Thank you!"

The children shouted at the same time. It was so cute that I burst out laughing without realizing it.

Soon Victor's wife took the children away, and when the three of us were left alone, the Prince said to me.

"My brother said he had something he wanted to say to you."

"Are you talking to me?"

"Would you like to see me alone for a moment?"

I nodded.

Coincidentally, I also had something I wanted to say. He took me to a place some distance away from the Prince.

"I heard you brought the Prince to my place."

 "That's right."

I was a little nervous. Are you going to ask me how I knew where he was hiding?

The source is the money poured into the original knowledge and information guild. But his subsequent actions were different from what I expected.

"Thank you."

He bent down and thanked me. I was a little embarrassed.

"Thanks to you, I was able to meet Arsan. I thought I would probably never see your face again until I die... It's all thanks to you."

"No."

I responded humbly to the other person's serious attitude. But I haven't relaxed yet. How much did Viktor tell Arsan?

He knew that those who attacked him were Prince Arsan's supporters. This was information that I found out after going through all sorts of hardships after barely surviving.

However, he cared for Arsan, who approached him without any walls, and thought that if he returned, there would be greater trouble, so he chose to disappear from the kingdom completely.

But now, if Arsan finds out that it was the nobles of the kingdom who attacked Viktor...

'I'm sure he won't stay still.'

And that could jeopardize the position of Arsan, who had not yet ascended to the throne. 

Arsan was also caught up in an accident unintentionally, but they were still supporters of Prince Arsan. If they turn their backs on the Prince, the future of the kingdom becomes unpredictable.

As well as Penelope, who is going to marry him.

The reason I let Arsan know of Viktor's existence was in order to get Arsan, who especially cares for his brother, on my side and use it. Even though I hadn't even used that hand yet, I couldn't make it so I couldn't use it.

Right now, I thought Viktor wouldn't reveal the truth easily, so I let them have their own time, but I don't know how their minds will change in the future.

I'm sorry Viktor, but I think I need to give you a little warning.

It was the moment I opened my mouth.

"I will be satisfied with my life now." 

Viktor suddenly hit the player. He was even saying what I wanted first.

When I looked slightly surprised, he smiled bitterly. 

"It's already been 9 years. I don't want to create unnecessary sparks. I promised that from the moment I first decided to live in hiding... I don't plan on going to the wedding."

"Are you serious?" 

"Yes. I feel like if someone recognizes me, my auspicious day could be ruined."

I looked closely at his face. The determination evident in his firm expression did not seem likely to change easily.

I nodded slowly.

"All right. If it is your will."

"However, Arsan and I decided to meet again later. With each other's families."

"You'll need a place to meet quietly, away from people's eyes. I will support you as much as I can as long as it does not harm the Prince and the Princess."

I smiled and responded to his decision. After Viktor was Arsan.

"Thank you."

After returning from the conversation, he said this to me. He smiled so brightly that I wondered if it was him who had disapproved of me until now.

"If it weren't for you, I would have lived my whole life without even knowing that my brother was alive. I owe you a lot."

"It is rather an honor to be of help to the Prince."

"You said you were running the upper level, right? If you need help, let me know anytime. Princess Penelope also cares about you, so I will pay more attention to you and help you. I swear on Arsan Borsha's name."

"Thank you."

Bingo!

I really hit a home run.


Previous            Next

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments

Post a Comment