TVTLQ - Chapter 56

TVTLQ - Chapter 56

The Villainess Wants To Live Quietly



'I can't do anything about the looks I was already born with. '

It was when Calix was thinking such useless thoughts.

"Duke, I'm back."

Dominic, the aide who was in charge of sending letters, has returned. However, his face was not bright. He hesitated and said. 

"I went to the mansion, but I didn't receive a reply because Miss Pierre was away."

"What about the top? Have you been there?"

"Yes. But she wasn't there either. The secretary said she stopped by in the morning and left work immediately."

Calix frowned slightly.

According to the contents of the letter, the business trip starts tomorrow. If he was the Rosenia he knew, he would definitely stay up late at night and make the necessary preparations for the business trip.

When it comes to top-level work, she didn't want to make even the slightest mistake. In fact, when she went to Dostic, didn't she stay at the top until late the night before and review the report several times?

But Rosenia has already left work?

"Get ready to go out."

"Duke?"

"I guess I should go and see for myself."

Calix had a gut feeling that something was too strange to just pass by.

***

Perhaps because it is winter, the days are setting early these days. Especially on a dark, cloudy day, two people come and go in the huge mansion. It's a perfect day for the Prince to leave.

Late in the evening, after the sun had already set, the carriage carrying Blanc and I arrived in front of the Princess's villa.

I took a deep breath.

"Are you ready?"

"Yes....!"

"Then let's go."

I got off the carriage and approached the front door of the villa. Blanc followed behind me, holding a large box carefully. 

There were two guards, but they were not the ones I saw when I came before.The other person noticed us approaching and stood up.

"What brings you here? Please identify yourself."

"My name is Rosenia Pierre. This is my companion, Blanc Dentz. I came to see Her Royal Highness Princess Penelope." 

"Her Highness the Princess?"

The other person looked me up and down. It was as if he was trying to gauge whether what I was saying was true.

I smiled calmly and said. 

"Could you please open the door?"

"Her Highness the Princess is not here."

"It can't be. Her Highness clearly told me to come here." 

I naturally took out my golden card and showed it to him who was telling such an obvious lie. 

"This is a pass to the villa that Her Majesty the Princess personally gave me. She told me that if there was someone I didn't know standing by as a security guard, I would be able to come in if I showed him this card. Please check."

".... Does it look real? It's really Golden."

"What is the person behind him holding?" 

"It's clothes. This is also an item that must be delivered to Her Majesty the Princess tonight. Blanc, show him."

Blanc followed my instructions and opened the box slightly. The two men whispered quietly. 

"What do we do? Can we let her in?"

"I don't think they were hiding anything suspicious. Maybe the Princess told her to bring a gift for the Prince."

".... Please come in."

Finally, the door that had been tightly closed opened. I nodded to them and went inside.

Although it looked quiet from the outside, there were definitely no people inside the villa. Since I had already visited this place before, it was easy to find my way around without any guidance.

Rather, the lack of people seems to indicate that they deliberately sent away all but the minimum number of personnel to hide the fact that Prince Borsha had visited.

It's good for me.

“Hey, Rosenia.”

"Huh?"

"Did you tell me that the person who will be my sponsor is the Princess?" 

Blanc, who only knew that he had come to meet his future sponsor today but did not know who that person was, asked, unable to hide his surprise.

I shook my head.

"No."

"Yes? But you said earlier that this was Her Majesty the Princess's villa..."

"That's right. But Her Highness is not the person who will support you."

I smiled and said to Blanc, who was confused.

"You will find out soon."

As I got closer to the room where the Princess was presumed to be, I began to feel a sense of popularity. The sound of cheerful laughter was flowing from the room.

Standing in front of it, I knocked very gently on the door. A voice was heard from inside.

"Pepe, it looks like the maid has arrived."

"Come in." 

"Just wait here for now."

I spoke to Blanc and opened the door. Under the bright, overflowing light, I was greeted with dignity.

"Welcome to the Little Moon of the Empire."

“Rosenia?!”

Penelope, startled, jumped up from her seat. Duchess Joséphine was also in the room. 

And the man I had been waiting for, Prince Borsha.

He was wearing a robe, probably planning to leave soon. 

When my eyes landed on him, he very quickly put on the hood of his robe. And Duchess Joséphine moved her body and attempted to cover the Prince's body.

Of course, I know the other person is a Prince, so you could say it was useless.

Penelope shouted in astonishment.

"How did you get here!"

"I have something urgent to say to Your Highness, so I came to visit you late at night despite being rude."

"There must have been security!"

"Didn't Your Highness give me a passage card before?"

Penelope frowned slightly. The pass she gave me was like a free pass, so it was a very useful item that allowed me to meet her at any time.

Now, I think she thinks she gave it to me for no reason. I turned my gaze towards the Prince.

"There was a passenger."

The Princess had once shown me a portrait of Prince Arsan, so I know his face. But I still had no intention of showing I knew the other person's identity.

I cleared my throat as if I was embarrassed and spoke to Penelope.

"I have something urgent to tell you... Can I tell you now?"

"No." 

She flatly refused.

"Let's talk again later. Go home for today."

"This is really important. This is news about the Prince of the Kingdom of Borsha."

"What?"

As soon as I mentioned the Prince, tension rose in the room. In particular, Duchess Joséphine eyed me with suspicion. It seemed as if she was guessing whether I was saying this knowing that the Prince was here.

Of course, I have no intention of falling for that.

I said, deliberately looking only at Penelope.

"I think I need to tell you quickly because this is a serious issue. Perhaps Her Royal Highness may need to convey this news to the Prince."

"I have to deliver the news?"

"Yes. It takes time for the letter to reach the Kingdom of Borsha, so I thought it would be right to report it as soon as possible." 

The Princess looked worried. Just hearing what I said made her feel like something serious had happened to the Prince.

At the same time, she seemed relieved to think that I had not noticed his presence when she told me that I had to send a letter to him.

At that time, the Prince, who was sitting quietly without revealing his identity, gave Penelope a sign with his eyes asking her to give permission. Penelope said as if she had no choice.

"A guest is coming, so speak quickly and leave."

"This is an issue that requires security... Is that okay?"

"You don't have to worry about that."

"All right. First, let me briefly explain the conclusion. The half-brother of Prince Arsan Borsha, the first heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Borsha and your marriage partner, is alive."

At that moment, the sound of glass breaking rang out. 

"Oh my Goodness!"

Duchess Joséphine stood up in shock. The Prince flinched and touched the table, and the vase on it fell and broke.

However, no one thought to clean up the broken vase.

The Duchess stood up and covered her mouth, and Penelope's eyes widened in surprise. The Prince froze in his seat.  All three of them were staring intently at me.

As if they heard something they shouldn't have heard.


Previous            Next


        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments

Post a Comment