TVHR - Chapter 31




"No, not that either, before that!"

"...Before that?”

If she had to mention something before, it would be that she awakened the Abyss.

"Ah. 'I jumped down to die, but then I awakened my Abyss'?"

"Yeah, that!! Why are you trying to kill yourself by jumping off?! Are you crazy?! If you die, are you going to handle that bastard running wild?!"

Ian Bellion shouted.

Roselyn let out a sigh with an even more annoyed expression.

"Anyway, stay out of Makluxa and also stop the herb import business you were handling."

Ian Bellion's eyes widened.

"You. How could you..."

How to know.

He was caught doing the same thing over there, and after secretly investigating, it seemed like he was doing the same thing here, so she was just giving him a warning.

'Actually, considering Lady Carmel played a major role, it makes sense, but revealing the second uncle as Makluxa was close to a gamble...'

Roselyn looked quietly at Ian Bellion.

The import of medicinal herbs was a direct order Ian received from 'King'. It would be correct to say that almost no one knew about it other than him and 'King'.

"I warned you. If you don't want to get wrongly implicated in the crime of assassinating the royal family, stay out of it."

"Where did this little brat get the idea to give orders...!"

Roselyn's expression contorted even more at the sight of looking at a stubborn old man.

"You...!"

"Even if you do that, you can't catch Makluxa's 'King'."

"...!"

Ian Bellion opened his mouth wide, as if he were genuinely surprised this time.

Roselyn worried for a moment that a bug might get into his mouth.

"It’s not like they’ll be caught no matter how hard Uncle tries, and it’s not like my dead aunt will come back either."

"..."

Roselyn stopped there and stood up from her seat.

Ian Bellion's face was no longer one of shock.

His face simply remained stiff with the unpleasant feeling of being unexpectedly pierced to the core.

"...Did that creepy Cherty bastard tell you?"

Even under the menacing gaze that seemed like it would tear her apart, Roselyn calmly met its eyes.

"No, I said it was the Abyss."

“What kind of abyss is...!"

Roselyn shrugged her shoulders with a relaxed expression, finding the fierce glare she was so used to.

"Unless you want to ruin the family, just forget about the dead."

"Hey, you...! You're talking nonsense just because you have a mouth...!!"

"It was Uncle who abandoned Auntie, who has a leg disability, and ran away alone in the first place. And then you kept your mouth shut."

Ian's lips trembled, pale with fear at Roselyn's sharp words.

Roselyn smiled sweetly. The angrier the other person got, and the more displeased they felt, the more radiant Roselyn became.

She was aware of the pressure and discomfort that such laughter caused the other person.

"And Uncle, since I have a mouth, I'll speak up. It's not like I made things up."

"How do you know that?!"

"I told you. It's the Abyss."

Roselyn shrugged her shoulders and turned around.

"Even if my uncle doesn't look for him, I will catch Makluxa's King."

Roselyn said.

Ian Bellion paused.

"I won't live long anyway, so if anyone is going to move, I'm the better fit."

She added a few words, opened the door, and went out.

Although she didn't tell Marquis Garen either, Roselyn had already reached her limit before she died.

She would have died sooner or later even if left alone.

Even before being caught, there was just a handful of medicine she was taking to keep herself alive.

She may still have a foul mouth, but she's not healthy.

She's in a position where she gets a fever even if she pushes herself just a little.

"Well then, I've said everything I needed to say, so I'm leaving."

"Hey! What the hell are you talking about again...!"

Bang.

The door closed right in front of Ian's nose.

"Ah, what a nuisance."

"Hey! I can hear everything! Aren't you going to open the door?! Hey, you little brat, darn it! Take off the shackles!! That tiny, unfilial girl!"

A shrieking voice was heard from beyond the door.

Regardless, Roselyn headed to her father, who had been digging a hole in the ground for days, immersed in depression because of her leaving for Kaluta tomorrow.

***

Roselyn's procession leaving for Kaluta was simple.

No, she wanted to keep it simple.

However, as it was a delegation being sent to a foreign country, it couldn't be that simple...

"This is a defensive form, and that one is an offensive form. Since this one melts Father's Abyss along with it, it can deliver a strong electric shock... This is a blanket, but the Abyss that keeps you warm... This one too. This one too..."

In particular, Roselyn's carriage was not even simple.

Roselyn smiled brightly as she looked at the unknown items piled up like a mountain.

"Father, please remove everything except the thermal blanket and the electric shock crossbow."

Roselyn, who had been listening to the explanation with a smiling face, spoke firmly.

Disappointment clouded Cherty's face. However, Roselyn did not want to unnecessarily add another wagon.

Roselyn waved her hand as if she were tired.

"Hey! You! What on earth happened to Father that he made a half-breed the representative instead of me!!"

Roselyn glared at the rambling Second Prince and turned her head away.

As he said, the head of this delegation was the Third Prince.

However, given the weak personality of the Third Prince, the Second Prince's influence will likely be quite strong.

'What on earth was the Emperor thinking when he organized the personnel selection like this?'

Having two leaders actually makes it easy for the group to become a disorganized rabble.

'By the way, where is the Third Prince?'

Roselyn walked past the noisy Second Prince through the crowd and thought.

Not far away, there was a man with jet-black hair swept back who looked a bit dirty.

It was quite a striking appearance.

'Who is it?'

As Roselyn was looking at him, he seemed to sense her gaze as well, turning his head to look at her indifferently.

“What do you see?”

Speaking informally to someone you just met?

Roselyn clicked her tongue inwardly and frowned.

Are you from the royal family?

'What a nasty person.'

It was when she ignored him and turned away.

Suddenly, the man carefully grabbed her sleeve.

"Hey, I guess this kind of appearance suits me, right...?"

Where had that rude charisma from just moments ago gone? The man, with a tearful face, was contorting the corners of his eyes as if he were about to cry.

"... Who are you?"

When Roselyn asked, the man looked at her with a somewhat sorrowful expression.

"...I am the 3rd Prince Arma...."

"Ah..."

After a long while, the carriage departed amidst a chaotic silence.

***

'...I never imagined that man would be the Third Prince.'

Roselyn ruminated on the situation from earlier. She glanced over, and their eyes met.

She realized for the first time in her life that a person's atmosphere could change so drastically just by neatly sweeping their bangs back and exposing their forehead.

It certainly had a completely different atmosphere with his mouth closed, but the moment he opened his mouth, the atmosphere changed completely.

Roselyn slowly blinked her eyes and looked at the Third Prince, Arma, sitting in front of her with flushed cheeks.

And the boy sitting confidently beside her, Batar.

For some reason, Batar had been glaring at Arma for a while, exuding a menacing aura.

'Come to think of it, is it because I've been hurt by men so much?'

That underground auction house was also full of only men.

'I realized that men can be scary.'

Thinking so, Roselyn lightly held Batar's hand to indicate that it was okay.

Batar flinched, then slightly softened his menacing gaze and loosened the corners of his mouth.

At the same time, Arma's expression darkened.

'The other two are already being escorted by the Imperial Knights...'

Of course, it was a gaze Roselyn didn't notice because she was distracted.

'This shouldn't be insufficient as a gift.'

As Roselyn nodded, Batar grinned.

Sitting in the chair, Batar kept adjusting his clothes, as if the imperial attire was very uncomfortable.

"Roselyn, who is that man?"

"Your Highness, the Third Prince."

"I can tell just by looking! I asked what your relationship is!"

Roselyn shrugged her shoulders as she watched Batar, who spoke in a strange tone that seemed to be somewhere between polite and disrespectful.

"Fiance."

"...You had a fiancé?!"

Batar asked with a shocked look on his face. Arma's face flushed with pride.

"Hmm. We agreed to break off the engagement once I sort things out with Kaluta, well."

And Arma's face quickly became dark again.

On the contrary, Batar's face bloomed brightly like a flower.

"That's a relief. Our Kaluta doesn't care about her spouse's past at all, so don't worry!"

"I know."

Roselyn, looking puzzled by the sudden remark, soon spoke calmly and nodded.

The carriage carrying the brightly smiling Batar, the gloomy-faced Arma, and the expressionless Roselyn sped forward.


Previous                Next



Comments