GBYR - Chapter 16



“I suddenly feel depressed and my chest hurts when I think about the fact that I won’t be able to see Kai for a long time... It’s so painful that I can barely breathe.”

And what if the treatment doesn't work? What happens to Kai then? Surely we won't ever see each other again?

The last question was something she couldn't bring herself to say out loud. But even without saying it out loud, the other person seemed to be able to see right through her thoughts.

“I will definitely endure it. No matter how hard and painful it is... I will definitely recover, Angie. So please wait for me until I return. When I return...”

Angie's red, wet eyes opened wide at his next words.

“I’m thinking of making our relationship official.”

“Ka, Master Kai...”

“I just became convinced. That you feel the same way as I do.”

His hand reached out and gently rested the back of Angie's head.

“I love you, Angie, since when... no, it seems to have been since you first came into this room. I began to think of only you. I counted the days and hours until you came here... From the moment I saw you step out of the carriage and walk toward me through the window, I was so excited I didn’t know what to do. My heart was so full of joy and rapture that I thought it would burst. I would be so happy just hearing your footsteps coming up the stairs that I would completely forget the pain and suffering I had every day.”

“Master Kai.”

Angie's heart was pounding with excitement right now. 

How could this happen? 

Her master, a man of such stature and beauty, loved her.

“I love you, Angie. No matter what happens, I will be cured and come back fully recovered. Right now, I don’t even have a ring or anything... I can’t get down on my knees and woo you in a cool way because of my body.”

For a moment, his eyes took on a sad smile. The smile soon disappeared and was replaced by seriousness.

“I will definitely come back fully recovered. So... you will accept me when I come back, right?”

Angie was speechless for a moment. It was the first time she had been overwhelmed by such complex emotions that words could not describe. It was not common for joy and sadness, relief and confusion, excitement and anxiety to coexist in one person at the same time. She stammered as she answered.

“Kai, I don’t know. I like you, but I’m not sure if this is true love.”

Kai listened to Angie's words silently without changing his expression. She was too young and innocent to define the feeling of love she felt for the first time.

“But... I can say this for sure. I really like Kai. Kai is a special person to me, next to my family, no, maybe just as special...”

So, when they couldn't meet occasionally, she really missed him and worried that his condition might be worsening. That's why she's so heartbroken and already so sad that she doesn't know what to do when she hears that she won't be able to see him for at least a few months.

“You love me too, Angie.”

Kai spoke calmly, yet firmly at the same time. One of his hands reached out and cupped Angie's cheek.

“Imagine. The worst-case scenario. What if... the treatment fails and I don’t come back? What if we never meet again... then what do you think?”

Angie's heart sank. Even though it was only a hypothesis, her heart clenched even more just by imagining it. Such a hypothesis could be torture because it could actually happen.

“No, I don’t want to imagine that... I absolutely don’t want to. You said you would endure it and return safely, so please keep that promise. I’ll tell you the answer then.”

Angie tried to speak calmly, barely holding back her sobs. A faint smile appeared on Kai's lips.

“I will definitely protect you. I will definitely recover and come see you. In return, when I return...”

Kai's voice lowered a tone.

“Be my woman that day. Wear the Blackwell family ring... I want you to be mine officially that night. That is the healing celebration gift I wish for.”

Angie couldn't answer. Kai's round lips were immediately over hers. He held her close and gave her a slow, passionate kiss. It was so strong that it was hard to believe he was a patient.

His tongue explored every nook and cranny of Angie's mouth, densely and persistently. Under the intense and thick tongue strokes, Angie's tongue was caressed like the sweetest and most delicious fruit in the world.

Under the thrill of pleasure and thrill, her mind quickly became hazy. In a state of confusion similar to a sleep-deprived state, Angie lifted her arms, which had been hanging limply, and wrapped them around his neck.

The strength in Angie's arms around her slender waist also grew stronger as if responding to her response. She felt like she was going to lose her mind. An ecstasy more intense than the first kiss enveloped her entire body, threatening to take away her soul.

Even after the long and sweet pleasure, Kai did not let her go. The two of them stayed in each other’s arms for a long time. When it was finally time to go, Angie tried to get up, but Kai grabbed her wrist and whispered softly in her ear.

“You love me too, Angie. As you wait for me... you’ll come to realize it.”

He lowered his head and placed a final kiss on Angie's forehead. His lips were strangely cold, unlike the warmth they had been giving her until now.

***

Edward Liam Blackwell was now definitely dying. It was no longer a vague despair, but a real situation. He was thrown on the bed, already a corpse. It was the worst.

However, unlike his body, he could not move his limbs properly, his mind was clear. It was a blessing in disguise. He truly thought it was fortunate that he was able to make the right judgment and handle the last matter that directly related to the fate of his only son.

“Did you check again to see if that last remedy is biologically compatible?”

“Yes, my lord. I lightly applied a glass grain to the handle of the teacup and drew out the recent blood again, and it still matches well with the young master.”

The Duke's loyal confidant, Jerome, nodded heavily. His face was gloomy. No matter how well he controlled his emotions, he could not remain calm when faced with the impending end of his long-serving master.

“Angie. The seventh remedy... Then I guess he’ll have to end up with her.”

“But there is a problem, Master. Master Kyle...”

“Tell me. I am already as good as dead. So you must not hide anything.”

Jerome hesitated for a moment before continuing. Tension was evident on his stiff jaw.

“I think he really cares about that kid.”

“You really think so...?”

Edward's brow furrowed fiercely. He was a little over forty, but his haggard face looked like that of an old man nearing sixty.

The beauty that had shone brighter than the sunlight that had swept over Cullinan Island in his youth was now nowhere to be found. It was the aftereffect of all the drugs, poisons, and their side effects. More precisely, it was a face befitting the miserable end of a failed experiment.

“What are you talking about? He can’t... He's not really attached to her or anything, is he? I was hoping so when he asked about the use of Remedy before.”

Jerome's silence was soon a sign of affirmation. Edward closed his eyes for a moment. His mouth was dry, but he didn't have the energy to take a sip of water. It was a miracle that he could barely move his tongue to converse. Perhaps, tomorrow, even his tongue would be paralyzed and he wouldn't be able to speak properly.

“I haven’t told you before, but...Mrs. Dunst said he even asked to change the remedy.”

“Kyle? Huh... Did he grow attached to her after going back and forth for a few months? I never thought that would happen. What the...”

“It was my fault for not being able to properly enforce it. I apologize, Master.”

“No. He was a child who had an emotional vacuum since birth. Do you remember? My son didn’t even cry the moment he was born. Something was emotionally distorted, and his emotions were completely paralyzed. That’s why I never thought he would open his eyes to reason...”

Edward opened his eyes. Pain filled his clouded eyes, which had been as blue and clear as the sky when he was young.

“The marriage must proceed as planned. Kyle will eventually decide what is right. He must break off his political marriage with Leticia Dervan and marry Angie Ridsdel.”

It is not right according to the ethical standards set by the world. So that Blackwell's name can continue to enjoy power with the world at its feet. The ultimate wish of his father failed in Edward's time. But it is not that he hoped that he would succeed in Kyle.

At first, just for that purpose, the son had suffered unimaginable hardships since birth. He had barely managed to survive dozens of near-death experiences. It was all because of Edward's father's terrible greed.

You dare to challenge the realm of the Gods! 

That's why generations have paid the price, and now even his son is suffering. But Edward won't let that happen any longer.

“He is not a foolish child who would put his own safety aside for a petty emotion. I don’t care who Kyle marries and has children. I just want to keep Remedy, who is the most compatible with his blood, by his side legally and safely. He claims that he will recover completely so that he can live without Remedy, but even God can’t guarantee that.”

He continued to speak, squeezing his words in agony.

“I know. It’s a terrible thing to do to a child-like Angie. But I can’t help it. I have to prioritize my son’s happiness above all else. I want my son to live a long, healthy life and spend the rest of his life in comfort. That’s my only wish before I die. So I leave the rest to you, Jerome...”

“Master...”


Previous                Next



Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments