THYU - Chapter 112



"Ha,  did you come to visit grandma?" 

Violet's eyes widened.

"Did your husband cause you trouble?" 

Enna laughed at the question that was typical of her.

"It affected me a lot. But don't you know better? The Lord compensates for all that with money. Thanks to you, I've tried all the precious alcohol in the world."

"I see. I feel sorry for him, but..."

"He came to visit me every day and I showed him the letter you sent me." 

She continued, taking a sip of her newly poured wine.

"If you had seen that expression, you would have known how I felt. He was happy to read the letter saying you were doing well, but he also looked despairing because you were only sending money to him."

"...'"

"He could have gone to see you earlier, but he couldn't because you didn't want him to." 

Violet's expression was complicated as she listened to Enna's words. Enna said, smiling at her serious expression.

"That doesn't mean you should forgive him right away. You said you liked him for the first time? He is a very terrible husband." 

Violer laughed a little at Enna's words and returned with a complicated face.

Violet stayed at Enna's house for about three days to gather her thoughts. She talked a lot with Enna, and her thoughts were organized one by one, like organizing her drawers. Three mornings later, Violet was ready to return home.

Enna, who had seen Violet off to the front of the carriage, looked around for a moment and then opened her mouth.

"There is something you should know. There's news that Ash Lawrence often goes hunting with members of the council. There is a plan."

"Ah okay. The marriage between me and the Heston family was canceled." 

"Judging from what was briefly said at the dinner, I think they were discussing His late Majesty's national policy."

"If I find out anything, I'll contact you right away."

"Thank you, Grandma." 

As Violet greeted her with a smile, Enna sighed.

"Ah really. It was nice to have you. Everyone who came with you is so sincere and smiled."

She was truly sorry and did not let go of Violet's hand that she was holding tightly. Violet also held Enna's hand tightly with a look on her face that she didn't want to go. Then, when Enna couldn't bear it anymore and hugged her, she parted Violet's back and said. 

"I want you to be happy, Violet." 

"I'm already happy."

"More."

Enna said and sent her away with a regretful look.

Violet watched Enna walk straight back to the flower garden, and then get into the carriage. Then Jen, who was in charge of loading her luggage, opened the carriage door and said. 

"Little Madam, Master Harlin was waiting." 

"So?"

"Now, Just a moment I have something to tell you. Is it okay? There's something I really want to tell you before I go back to Alika."

Violet thought about his words for a moment and then nodded as it told him to do so. Harlin got into the carriage and closed the door.

When only the two of them were left in the carriage for a moment, he spoke.

"I am... There is something I didn't tell you. I couldn't tell my brother because I thought it would cause an uproar... However, after talking with Jen and the other maids... It seems that Little Madam... No, I don't think Madam will accept it calmly, I thought, so I came to tell you."

"What do you mean?" 

As Violet quietly asked. Harlin couldn't even dare to look at her and kept his eyes fixed on his knees.

"I hope you keep in mind that this is highly unlikely. According to what I looked up in the book the reason bodies change is because they have souls from the same clan." 

"Same clan?" 

"Yes. That part is strange. I don't know what the reason is, but you two can't be of the same clan. But the fact that your body changed seems to be..."

"Anyway?" 

Violet, who at first tried to never get close to Harleen, couldn't hide her curiosity and asked as if urging him to do so. Harlinn, who was uncomfortable with her tight, lovely face coming towards him, said, pressing himself towards the door.

"It's just my guess and I think it's impossible, but I thought it wouldn't be completely impossible for the two of you to have a child."

"..."

"So the probability is very low!" 

"Anyway, the odds are... You mean it exists?"

"That's really my opinion. I'm afraid you might be expecting too much..."

Violet let out a shaky breath and spoke at Harlin's caution. 

"There was a time when I thought I was pregnant and then found out I wasn't. I know how scary expectations can be."

Harlin paused at her words and then nodded lonesomely.

"I see." 

Harlin vaguely became aware that there was a lot more sadness between the two than he had ever known. Violet smiled softly.

"Thank you."

"Oh, no! Because of my twins. Lord Winter would only be hurt more. Thanks to him, our lives were saved, so these lives belong to you two."

Harlin said sincerely, Violet nodded.

"I will be grateful. Did you get a train ticket to go back?"

"I saved it, hmm... If I find any more information, I will bring it to you. Oh, I don't know if it will be helpful, but among the Kanik clan tattoos, there is one that wishes the сouple's well-being."

Then Violet said with a happy face. 

"I've received that before. It wasn't permanent, though."

"That's not really a permanent tattoo! Pregnancy... It has a magical meaning. Emblems used for non-clan spouses also have the same meaning."

"Is that something like that?"

"Yes. I think it will help."

Harlin didn't show it, but he was surprised to learn that the royal family of Rockround. accepted a foreigner's tattoo. His half-brother's wife seemed to be the center of his world. Needless to say, Harlin knew why even the employees expressed their affection for her whenever they talked about their Little Madam. 

He bowed his head and said goodbye. 

"Let's go!"

"Please be careful."

“Yes!”

Jen asked as Harln left and got into the carriage.

"What did you talk about, little lady?"

"That was a very good story."

"It looks like that. Oh, aren't you going to get angry at the CEO now? Make a scary face quickly. If you make such a happy face, he'll think that all your anger has gone away."

"Oh, I guess so."

Violet said that, but the calm smile did not disappear from her face.

***

Upon hearing the news that Violet was returning, Winter put on his best clothes and looked in the direction of the carriage for hours.

When Violet's carriage finally stopped right in front of him, Winter headed towards it. But the carriage didn't stop but went around the mansion and headed straight for the garden.

"Shit."

Winter hurriedly ran across the mansion and toward the garden. Even though it was almost completely healed. It was still not enough, there was a limit to Winter's leg to run.  By the time he reached the garden after walking some distance, Violet had already gone into the bedroom. Winter was just happy that his wife was home, and he was sure she would be on the balcony again soon. Hanging out here was the best way to get noticed. 

Winter looked up at Violet's room. The feelings he had had for his wife until now were mercilessly mixed up.

There hasn't been a single moment since he first met her that he didn't like her. He clearly knows that too. By now, Winter was afraid that he would even dare to say that he wanted her. How many times has he caused his wife to die, without knowing the subject?

Why did my wife still say she liked me? Why is she so naive? 

There must be countless men in the world who are better than him, so why would she say that she is good for someone who is rude and has a shabby pedigree like him? 

He still didn't believe what his wife said. He was just grateful that he had the opportunity to tell her that he loved her too.

Winter looked restlessly at the balcony, but luckily Violet walked out. When Violet found Winter waiting for her, her hair turned white and she told him to take the carriage to the garden. There was a look of confusion in her eyes as she had no idea that Winter was waiting for her in the garden.

Winter said, looking up at her.

"Violet. I've been thinking about it for three days."

"..."

"I've always been the same since I first saw you. I still feel the same way back then."

 "Do you look like an angel?" 

Fortunately, Winter laughed at the joke Violet told to ease the tension. However, her heartbreaking heart was mixed with the sound of laughter.

"You look like an angel."

Winter saw Violet smile and continued.

"In the three years you lived with me, you never once put me before money."

"It did."

Winter responded obediently and nodded.

"But trust me on this. Money wasn't the goal. The goal was to keep everything around me from leaving me."

"..."

"You too. You're right. I don't know what it is to like someone. I just know how to tie it up. I hope I fool you with money. "It's been like that ever since the day we first got married.

"..."

"Violet, that's how I am." 

Violet looked shocked at his words. He was truly a hopeless man.

"Yes. I understand."

"I'm not asking you to understand."

 "Sure?"

"Love me."

"..."

"Love me a little more."

At his words, Violet forgot what to say and kept her mouth shut. Winter said as he looked up at her and walked up to the balcony.

"You already said you like me. Even if I don't fool you with money, don't you just like me?" 

"You are really bad."

"I have never been good to you. But you say you like me."

"..."

"Violet, look at me. Look at how I live."

Winter laughed self-deprecatingly.

"Suppose it wasn't me that I wasn't the one planting the garden in a shabby way, foolishly waiting for you, who abandoned me to come back."

"..."

That guy is usually the guy who loves you.

Violet looked at Winter in silence as she said that.

He changed his crooked gait into a neat one to suit what she wanted, and behind him was a garden that could not be found even on two continents. Because she liked gardens. He broke off ties with his parents, whom he believed to be the only family in the world, and drank alcohol and begged them not to abandon him, even if he didn't know how to love.

Even if she doesn't love him. Just like he said. Materially, if this is not love, what is love? 

At least for Winter Blooming, this was the way to love.


Previous            Next



Support Novellate!

        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments