TCIWTFY - Chapter 5



Did the princess really hit the head maid's calf just now?

She couldn't believe it even when she saw it with her own eyes.

The maids hurriedly lowered their heads to avoid sparks, but they were still dumbfounded.

"Tsk..."

A new moan escaped the maid's lips.

Even though she was a commoner, she grew up well and never had his hands dirty. She has never experienced violence like this before.

"Jenna."

"Yes, yes?!"

Amidst everyone's astonishment, only the Princess remained calm.

"Don't worry about me, you go on."

Jenna felt dizzy. Does she mean that she will punish her next to the maid?

"I told you to continue. Punishment should not be weakened. I don't want to invade the head maid's territory."

But Jenna could no longer swing the whip as hard as before. When she saw that the majestic haid maid, was hit, she became scared.

Slap.

Then the whip, much weaker than before, split the air.

Whick!

The whip danced more fiercely.

Unlike Jenna, Medea had no qualms about her actions.

Seeing the thoughts of the head maid and the Princess, Jenna's hands slowed down and in the end, she was able to swing the whip three times with one whip.

However, the Princess did not seem to mind the incorrect crossing order at all.

"Ugh..."

Neril's moans grew louder as the whipping increased in intensity, but the Princess continued what she was doing without blinking.

"Ahh!"

In the end, the head maid could not stand it any longer and collapsed.

"Chief maid-!"

As the maids tried to approach, Medea raised one hand. The maids hesitated.

"Stand up straight."

The calm voice was enough to send shivers down her spine. It was as if the head maid's calf, which had become red and soaked with her blood, was not visible.

With an eerily expressionless face, Medea calmly picked up the whip again.

"I am-!"

At that time, the head maid knelt down. She could not bear the beating any longer.

Her legs felt like they were on fire. Her reason was clouded and she was driven only by her instinct to avoid the pain.

"I lost, I lost. Please forgive me."

The head maid eventually gave up in front of everyone.

Before today is over, everyone in the palace will know about this. The taste of blood and deep humiliation filled her bitten lips.

When she glared at her as if she were going to kill her, Medea's finger holding the whip twitched again.

"Well, Your Highness, please-!"

These words came out without her knowing. Shrunken shoulders. Bowed head and downcast gaze.

It couldn't have been more humiliating than this.

"..."

Medea let go of her hand instead of answering. As if that was the end of the punishment, she broke the cane.

Again. A sharp sound pierced everyone's ears.

The Princess's eyes turned to Jenna.

"Bring Neril."

"Yes!"

Jenna jumped up as if she had been burned and threw away her whip.

"I'm going back to the palace."

"This incident... You will regret it."

The head maid looked up at Medea with blue eyes.

"Well."

We'll have to wait and see.

The door closed with a low voice.

***

"Go back."

When the Princess's palace came into view, Medea gave an order. Jenna, who noticed it, greeted her politely and then disappeared.

Neril came to her senses and tried to straighten her staggering body, but could not hide her worry.

"Lean on me."

The dignified tone from earlier was gone, but she was the young Princess she knew.

"The maid. She holds the palace in her hands. For sure... They will seek revenge on Your Highness. Even now... I'll go back and clear things up... Sigh..."

I grabbed Neril's shoulder. The blood that soaked her clothes also got on my hands.

"Sorry."

A single transparent tear streamed down my white face and across my cheek.

In my last life, Neril would have died like this.

To protect me, she tried not to leave my side and was killed by their trick.

Without knowing it, I was deceived by the words of my enemies and blamed Neril for leaving irresponsibly.

"... Your Highness?"

"It's because of me. Because of me you...."

Neril was embarrassed.

She didn't know that the word in the inaudible space in the middle was death.

"Neril, I'm sorry I was foolish for not knowing you."

There was no way to know that my apology was a regret that encompassed my past life.

"Why did you get hit? You should have at least counterattacked. Where do you put your knighthood?"

Neril just smiled awkwardly.

I also knew why. Neril did not want to give the Princess another reason to be kicked out of her side.

"Don't do that next time. You'd rather just do what they want. If you had said you would leave my side. I would have let you go quietly."

"That can't be... No. I have to serve Your Highness... Where would you like to go?"

I held Neril tighter.

Neril, why didn't I know that there was a person in this vast royal palace who cared about me and that Peleus was trying to protect me? Why did I think everyone hated me?

A teardrop fell again.

As the water shimmering from the green eyes flowed over the transparent skin, a sorrowful pain pierced the viewer's heart.

"This will never happen again. I'll promise."

"Your Highness, stop."

Neril didn't know what to do. What she didn't realize was that the girl's voice was somehow determined.

'My Master.'

The Princess saved her again.

She will never forget the small, delicate back that stood before her.

Neril said, looking away to hide her reddening eyes.

"Still. Don't do this again. Your Highness is hurt. I am... I can protect you well..."

"This is a very trustworthy statement."

"Your Highness..."

"Let's go. You need to get treatment first."

Neril, who did not notice that the Princess did not answer in the end, felt sad but also grew worried.

'If they even try to lay a finger on Your Highness, I will sacrifice everything to protect you.'

***

District 2 of the Valdina capital.

In the innermost part of a luxury residential area where the wealthy, including high-ranking nobles, lived, there was a white mansion.

It was a building that boasted a sensitive yet beautiful aesthetic, with rose vines in full bloom surrounding the white stone walls.

But the walls were built so high that even if outsiders looked up, all they could see was one or two roses.

As no one was coming and going and the owner of the mansion was nowhere to be seen, several thieves became bolder and climbed the high wall.

Several people went in, but no one came back.

Rumors circulated. The owner of the White Mansion is a famous arms dealer who travels across the continent and runs a troupe of fearsome mercenaries.

Only then did people nod their heads. And no one ever wondered Inside the mansion again.

"Oh my God. Do you know what I just read?"

The third floor of the white mansion.

Gallo waved the parchment under the window where the sunlight was most abundant.

On top of his handsome appearance, the knife mark on his cheek gave off a bold yet fierce aura, his wavy straw-colored hair and beautifully tanned, bronzed skin seemed more suited to a sunny beach than a cold Valdina.

"Boss, this is heartwarming news from Valdina Palace. It is said that the head maid was whipped by the Princess. Can you believe It?" 

Gallo continued to look at the parchment and chuckled.

"I guess they were trying to send out the princess's maid at will. She was once the student of the head of the SS, so the Prince regent's side must have been uncomfortable with her. Anyway, when the Princess found out about it, she came and got her cane. She's referring to old royal laws."

"..."

"The head maid's confidant beat the Princess's maid, and the Princess beat the head maid. Then, the head maid, went out first, holding both her hands and both feet! Hahaha!"

Gallo laughed so loudly that his chair fell backward.

The young man who was looking down at the map of the continent raised his head.

Jet-black hair and a straight nose. He has dark eyes that sparkle and yet contain a cold chill.

For a young man, his eyes were clear and clear, as if not a single speck of dust would be allowed in.

However, for a boy, there was something strangely sensual about his well-built muscular physique and his arrogant gaze as if he were looking down on the world.

The gently raised corners of the man's mouth and sharp jawline were exquisite as if they had been carefully created by a sculptor.

"Was there a Princess in Valdina?"

The corner of one of the man's eyes lifted slightly.


Previous            Next



        Buy Me A Coffee

Comments